The short and sweet review from me, because the rest is likely to come in either a piece of art I'm planning, or even a VLog/video later on, is this.
- Knock Out and Starscream's interactions and bromance was hilarious. Every second of it. These two are great and Steve Blum and Daran Norris really seem to hit it off.
- I was initially heartbroken when Knock Out didn't seem disturbed with running experiments on Breakdown's body, but his explanation and what was implied through the episode quelled this. Even as far back as "Human Factor", after finding Silas and what he did to Breakdown, he seemed completely aware of the truth that Breakdown is dead. The being in front of him, on his work table, his NOT Breakdown, but Silas. Where his spark would have been is a man, and therefor, the Breakdown that he knew is in the Well of Allsparks, NOT still trapped in that body. It would also explain why KO didn't repair the body or polish it- it's not Breakdown, it's the monstrosity formerly known as Breakdown. And the fact that he is able to look at him screaming and writhing in agony and not once bat an eye (optic) doesn't necessarily come off as being cold hearted (sparked?), but rather, have come to accept BD's death and doesn't allow it to drag him down or make him weak. After all, Decepticons have no use for weakness, and KO spending all this time moping, while heartfilled and tragically delicious for us fans, wouldn't have fit with the strict 'NO FEELS ALLOWED' ship that Megatron is running. Of course, if you feel otherwise, that's okay. Just wanted to bring some attention to this detail (even if it sounds like I'm a fangirl in denial LOL).
- Speaking of, interesting development from Knock Out. When he wanted to raise the alarm and Starscream refused because the blame would be thrown onto them, Knock Out replies with "BUT WE ARE". Careful, KO... that kind of owning up to you mistakes is a little un-Decepticony behavior and might make you... redeemable. (That that he could be after what he did to Silas, but... really, we all were cheering for his torture anyway). The fact that Knock Out was unwilling to work with Dark Energon but was strung along due to Megatron's faulty division of duties for his lieutenants, but was willing to take some responsibility as well as do what he thought was the right thing despite orders... I hope that this was intentional and is going somewhere and doesn't just get swept under the rug in the next few episodes, because this could lead somewhere interesting.
- The touching moment of Starscream and Knock Out admitting their blossoming friendship... where Starscream then throws Knock Out under the bus shortly after. And I'm sure Knock Out wanted to be really angry, but... deep down inside, would you expect Starscream to do otherwise? Still, he didn't seem to hold it against him and was still willing to talk with him, so... Screamer's going to be Screamer, and KO knows it.
- GOD DAMMIT AIRACHNID.
- Was worried for Soundwave, but then I remembered... HE'S FUCKIN' SOUNDWAVE AND YOU DON'T MESS WITH HIM. Ah, ground/space bridges, femmbots fall for it every time.
- Personally, I hope this is the last we see of Airachnid and the Insecticons. If they spend the rest of the series marooned on that moon, I'll be content. I'd rather her have stayed in stasis for poetic justice but... eh, whatever, just leave the show and never come back (unless, of course, it's epic Arcee and Knock Out team up to kill you in the movie, but really, KO doesn't seem interested in revenge against Airachnid. Guess he figured death on the battlefield for his partner was expected, but to be desecrated and worn as a suit of armor for the same man that captured and experimented on him to be more offensive, which I totally understand.)
- For my biggest complaint is, again, the treatment of Starscream in the ending of this episode. OKAY, yes, for the most part this whole zombie-vampire-Terrorcon infestation was his and Knock Out's fault, but what he's being punished for isn't what he did wrong, but what Megatron suspects. At this point, it's too early to say what the fallout of Starscream's punishment is, or will be, without speculating, but the fact that Starscream didn't suggest injecting Dark Energon to take control for himself, but for Megatron... and it's yet to be seen if Megatron is willing to listen, or if he's willing to listen, even believe him. I have a feeling that he not thrown Knock Out under the bus and allowed Knock Out to try to explain, maybe Megatron would have listened (but then again... this Megatron seems to be completely unable to see beyond Project Predacon and will immediately discredit anything Starscream says, regardless if it holds merit or not). MAYBE the next episode "Evolution" will do a decent follow up and the situation can be salvaged, but yeah... that and Airachnid's return are really my only complaints in this entire episode, and both can be salvaged depending on what happens in the next 5 episodes and movie.
TOO BAD WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE 28TH TO GET IT. *head bangs against wall*
Anyway, post your comments here. Just be warned, this is mostly my opinion and rambling, so please take it with a grain of salt. I could be overthinking things, but hey, it's what I do.